UNLOCK Your Talent! Your short clip might have a chance to be screened at the International Short Film Festival Ceremony!
Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia, one of Asia's largest qualifying international short film festivals for the Annual Academy Awards and celebrating its 25th / 20th anniversary, is calling for promotional videos inspired by the festival theme "UNLOCK".
Voting rights for the contest will be distributed to the general public on the Visual Voice Asset Platform (tentative), a visual image management platform that will be opened in conjunction with the festival, to accept votes from creators and audiences.
The short clip that receives the most votes and is selected by the festival committee will be screened at SSFF & ASIA 2023 ceremony in June.
[ Short Clip’s Theme ]
The theme is "UNLOCK", which can be expressed by using the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2023 logo and "UNLOCK" visuals downloaded from the website below.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the International Competition and the 20th anniversary of the Asia and Japan Competition. SSFF & ASIA is committed to building a festival experience that "Unlocks" the festival from existing concepts while respecting the network of filmmakers and supporters, the community, and the history and knowledge of the film festival that has been cultivated over the years. We look forward to your expression of such "UNLOCK". Please refer to the following website.
The best short clip will be screened at the SSFF & ASIA 2023 ceremony in June 2023, and may also be screened and distributed in Japan for one year after the festival ends at screening events, online events, etc. with the name "Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia" in the festival's name.
*Sample (Any format is acceptable (live action, animation, CG, etc.))
[ Video Requirements ]
- The length of the short clip must be 20 seconds or less.
- Year of production: any year
- Format: MOV or MP4
- Frame: 1920 x 1080 recommended
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Video codec: ProRes 422 / h.264
- Audio codec: PCM / AAC
The short clip will be selected on the voting* page on the Visual Voice Asset Platform (VVAP, tentative), a new video management platform to be opened by Visual Voice Inc. in conjunction with SSFF & ASIA 2023 and by the judging by the festival committee.
* Voting is open to those who have received an NFT with voting rights at the VVAP.
* The creators' portfolios will be created on VVAP based on the submitted information, and the creators will be introduced on VVAP.
Entries will be posted on VVAP as well as on SNS where you can post your own entries.
* After the voting period, you can also submit your work as an NFT in the marketplace of VVAP from your portfolio. You can freely set the amount of your work to be exhibited and earn profit from sales and secondary sales. Please contact us for further details.
[ Copyrights and secondary use rights ]
- All copyrights belong to the applicant. However, the applicant promises not to exercise moral rights against the festival committee, Pacific Voice, Inc. and its affiliated companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Organizers"), or any third party authorized by the Organizers.
- The entrant grants to the Organizers a free and exclusive license to use (and to allow third parties to use secondarily) the submitted work for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, posting on the Internet, reproduction, overseas translation, adaptation, distribution, distribution, screening, broadcast, and any other use, for any period of time and in any geographic area.
- The Organizers may use the submitted works (including the title, synopsis, full text of the work, and author's name) on websites, social networking services, magazines, broadcasts, and printed materials operated by the Organizers or third parties authorized by the Organizers.
- The Organizers reserve the right to edit the submitted works to the extent necessary.
- The Organizers will not be held responsible for any accidents or other problems that may occur in the production of submitted works.
- The Organizers reserves the right to exclude entries that it deems to contain falsehoods or irregularities even after the selection process.
[ Application period ]
March 29, 2023 (Wednesday) 14:00 - May 8, 2023 (Monday) 24:00
[ Voting Period ]
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 14:00 - Monday, May 29, 2023 24:00
[ Registration Fee ]
Free of charge
[ Prize ]
Best Short Clip Award: 100,000 yen
* Prize names and prize money are subject to change and there may be no applicable entries.
[ Notification of Selection Results ]
The results of the selection will be announced at a ceremony at SSFF & ASIA 2023. Voting results will also be announced on the voting page.
[ Caution ]
- If you wish to submit two or more films at the same time, please submit each film on its own entry form.
- If your film is selected as one of the outstanding films, you will be required to submit Apple ProRes data as screening material, as well as other materials necessary for the screening and festival promotion.
- Prize names and amounts are subject to change.
Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting provides full support for system construction. Available to coincide with the opening of SSFF & ASIA in June. Introduction of Web 3.0 service integration environment of ConsenSys "Infura NFT API" for the first time in Japan.
Following Festival de Cannes, audience of the online venue and the people who come to the festival will receive limited original SSFF & ASIA NFTs for the 25th anniversary for the first time for Japanese Film Festival.